Animal Photojournalism Resources
New to animal photojournalism and want to learn more? These talks and articles featuring Jo-Anne McArthur and other animal photojournalists are helpful resources on the background, purpose and methods of this new field.
If you are interested in a more in-depth exploration of animal photojournalism and the first steps to working in this field, consider enrolling in the We Animals Media Photography Masterclass. This online and self-paced video series led by Jo-Anne will teach you the basic foundations of animal photojournalism.
Articles about animal photojournalism:
Talks About Animal Photojournalism:
- “Animal Photojournalism with Jo-Anne McArthur” hosted by Claudia Towne Hirtenfelder of The Animal Turn podcast
- “Animals in Disasters” panel discussion at the Animals in Wars & Disasters Symposium with Jo-Anne McArthur
- “Animals in Wars” panel discussion at the Animals in Wars & Disasters Symposium with Tommy Machowicz and Milos Bicanski
- “Captive: A Conversation with Animal Photojournalist Jo-Anne McArthur” hosted by Dr. Lori Marino, Founder of the Whale Sanctuary Project
- “What is Animal Photojournalism?” at VII Insider
- “The Power of Photojournalism in Animal Advocacy” at The Law, Ethics & Animals Program at Yale Law School
- “HIDDEN: Animals in the Anthropocene Book Launch” hosted by award-winning broadcaster, author, and WAM board member Ziya Tong, with special performance by Jann Arden, this event explains the importance of our latest book, HIDDEN
- “The Role of Animal Photojournalism in Animal Advocacy” co-hosted by the Center for Animal Law Studies and the Lewis & Clark Law School Animal Legal Defense Fund
- “Curator Conversations: Activist Photojournalism in the 21st Century” at the Royal Ontario Museum